Posts Tagged ‘DIY’

Before and after pictures of this years big office renovation project and move. The new office/studio is open plan on the top floor of a 19th century cotton mill which has beams and rusty steel pillars and old oil from the machines still on the floors. The walls were peeling and unloved. But there are BIG windows letting in lot’s of natural light (and rain and weeds) and it’s open plan. With a bit of imagination this space could be great:photography-studio-before-after-diyphotography-studio-before-after-pictures

photography-studio-before-after-renovation

photography-studio-before-after-picture

photography-studio-before-after-picture1

photography-studio-after-picture

photography-studio

Even though we’re in, we are pretty much working around boxes and unpacking as we go. We’re still open for business so working on orders (which has always been the priority) so we still have lots to do to make it gorgeous. For now it’s very much a blank canvas.

Hope you like it so far.

We’ll get some pictures up of the finished studio soon (well probably just the tidy instagrammable parts).

 

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

Earlier in the new year it became obvious that we had outgrown our studio and we needed more SPACE and somewhere BIGGER.

It’s been a busy first part of the year for us. We found the perfect office space – the top floor of a gorgeous grade II listed cotton mill with beautiful views, lot’s of natural light (so much potential) but that needed lot’s and lot’s of work. Here’s a quick before and after of the office build / renovation. As you can see it was pretty grubby before, but not strangers to hard graft (here’s pics from our very first studio space part 1  and part 2 here that was in a different old mill… we have a thing for old mills that need a bit of love…) we got the keys in June and set to work:photography-studio-before-after-renovationphotography-studio-after-picture

We’re in, it’s gorgeous, light bright and spacious and we are just finding our feet again. It’s a nice place to be.

More transformation pics to follow…

Read Full Post »

See Part 1 of our New Studio renovation here.

We had initially planned to quickly tile the office area with hot pink vinyl floor tiles but after lifting the existing carpet tiles, parts of the floor ripped up which had to be filled before any tiling work could start. But…. underneath revealed wood!

Real wood, which cleaned up would look really cool. So, we decided on a whim to rip the whole of the flooring up. A really dirty hard job which Jeff mainly did (with some girl help from me). We owe Jeff a massive thank you for all the work he’s done over the last week but an especially big thank you for revealing the floor and making a massive obstacle a minor detour.

The larger floor surface was filled with holes which needed filling.

The floor isn’t smooth but with a lick of floor paint and lot’s of cow hide rugs will work fine.

Curtains hide our imperfect wall, saved a load of hassle painting and add warmth to our office area.

Things are starting to take shape. New furniture is in place and lot’s of finishing touches still to be done.

Next Post: A girl’s touch, frilly bits & hot pink steel.

Read Full Post »

It’s been a few weeks since we got the keys for our new studio at Woodend Mill Artist Studio’s in Mossley. Since then we’ve worked every spare hour cleaning, lifting flooring, working on electrics and getting very messy making this blank mill space ‘our space’. Whilst keeping a fully booked and very busy MWL running.

We had spent a couple of months looking for new space to move into as Made With Love had outgrown our home studio too long ago, and with new staff starting, we had no more space to grow into. So the search had started.

Like house hunting, you know when you’ve found the one. Somewhere that makes you feel right the minute you step into it. The space we’re moving into was actually a large empty shell. Disused for years. A former artists studio with paint drips down a wall, no sockets, no lights, damp floors, and rotting windows. It was freezing. But the space was huge and the potential was massive.  

So after months of looking, the search was over & we had found ‘our space’

And so the dirty work began – cleaning/clearing out….

And after a weekend of cleaning….

Next post: Jeffrey’s week of wonder: A floor gets ripped up | Concrete mixers | Electrics, wires & plugs | Man work grrrr! Click here to see the results

Read Full Post »

A while back I posted about doing up my little girl’s first proper bedroom with a little ideas board of my plans. The theme was a woodland bedroom with bold red’s & greens and lot’s of nature. Well the room is finally finished and Lilly LOVES her new room. It’s very much a DIY bedroom. I made the light fitting, the rug, painted the tree mural on the wall & stuck little bird houses & flowers/leaves on, made her name in wooden letters.  Here are some pictures of the recycled faux grass rug (by Luxfordst on Etsy & their blog). Over the summer we are going to make a toadstool terrarium and go the woods to catch us some fairies!Handmade grass rug

Read Full Post »

%d bloggers like this: